Tuesday, April 23, 2013

pink bubbly, strawberry cupcakes, and sundresses

Most blogs have a theme. It's helpful if you want readers, because readers are generally looking for something specific, and if your blog has a lot of that specific thing then you'll keep attracting those readers back. But I'm not interested enough in just one thing to have a whole blog specifically for that. I don't cook that much and don't know that many recipes. I'm not a relationship guru. I don't travel because I'm poor. I don't have kids, and don't want to. And I get bored easily. So, I will have something different each post.

Today, I was just thinking about things I like about summer as a grown up. And I have decided. I like:

Summer clothes. (I hate the slutty clothes, but the cute summer clothes I do like!)

Summer shoes


Summer patterns (the view on the far right is best!)

Retro swimsuits

Summer cupcakes. If I don't get a pink strawberry cupcake with pink strawberry icing soon....well, I wouldn't really do anything, but the point is I want one.

And last but not least, summertime bubbly....

So, when I want to cry this summer because I'm so miserable, I'll have pink bubbly with a strawberry cupcake while wearing a pretty sundress that I made myself. I probably won't be wearing shoes because there's no way I'll be outside when it's 100 degrees with 100% humidity... ;) I only do that when forced.

This reminds me, I hope to get a nice pair of shoes soon. Maybe for my birthday! I'm sadly lacking in the shoe department. That would brighten things up. And next time I go to the store, I am getting a mix for strawberry cupcakes. I know it's trendy to make everything from scratch, but it's a lot more expensive and I think I mentioned that I'm poor.

That's all for now, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment